The vision of the Business Department is to prepare students to become knowledgeable and ethical decision makers as they fulfill their roles as students, consumers, workers, and citizens. The various courses offered in the Business Department focus on the ever changing business environment and technological advancements of the 21st Century. The Business Department branches out into three areas of study which includes courses in integrated computer technology, computer science, and business.
All freshmen will learn valuable use of technology necessary to achieve success at Notre Dame High School through the Integrated Computer Technology course. Students will then have the opportunity to explore courses in computer science and business. The Computer Science courses focus on the foundations of computer programming. The courses are structured in the inquiry based model helping students develop vital programming skills to become successful programmers. Furthermore, students will develop an understanding of the role that computer based algorithms play in the decisions that are made in areas of human interaction. These courses aim to accomplish these goals:
- The curriculum provides opportunities for teamwork, algorithm skill development, and computational thinking.
- Students will develop an understanding of programming syntax that can be applied to many commonly used programming languages.
- Students will learn how computer programs interact with other programs, networks, and hardware.
Notre Dame’s Business courses assist students in becoming independent and self-reliant global, business thinkers. Students develop solid abilities to apply subject matter content for college courses and in their own personal endeavors. Business courses accomplish these goals:
- Students will be provided the opportunity to meet the demands and responsibilities of the workplace.
- Students will study financial literacy.
- Students will learn how to function as knowledgeable citizens and consumers in our global society.