National Honor Society
Requirements for membership have been established in compliance with Article IX of the National Honor Society Constitution. Students who meet the GPA and course requirements below are invited to apply during the fall. A five member faculty council is appointed annually by the Principal to review the applications and admit students to the NHS and to ensure that students maintain the required standards after induction.
- Juniors and seniors who possess and maintain a cumulative GPA of 93 or higher are academically eligible.
- Students who wish to be considered for NHS membership and maintain membership must take one Honors or AP course during their sophomore year and two honors or AP courses during each of their junior and senior years.
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of 30 service hours for their previous school year as indicated on their prior year's report card.
- Applicants must complete an application form including service, character and leadership forms. All examples of leadership must be from the prior or current academic year.
- Students who meet the above requirements are invited to apply for membership and their applications are evaluated by a Faculty Committee selected by the Principal.
Parents and students should refer to the Notre Dame Handbook for further information regarding entrance requirements and responsibilities of NHS members.