Incoming Freshman Scholarships
The Sisters of Mercy provided an outstanding teaching and learning environment for generations of local families. Many students became the first in their families to graduate from high school and college, going on to become productive members of our society and church. The MTAF continues the legacy of the Mercy Core Values of Service, Compassion, Justice, Integrity, and Respect, established by the Sisters of Mercy and are the hallmarks of a Notre Dame education.
Two MTAF Scholarships will be awarded annually. The following criteria have been established for the 8th grade student applying for the MTAF:
- A student from an underserved population in the Greater Trenton area who meets all of the criteria for ND admissions;
- A student who demonstrates an outstanding financial need based on their submission of the FACTS financial aid application;
- A student who embraces the Mercy Core Values established by the Sisters of Mercy and can demonstrate that in their daily life.
- The student must maintain a B average and be in good standing with school community
Merit Scholarship Timeline
All students who would like to be considered for our Merit Scholarships must apply by November 17.
- HSPT/SSAT Testing Taken By: December 1, 2023
- HSPT/SSAT Testing Results Submitted By: December 15, 2023
- Semi-Finalists Notified: December 22, 2023
- Semi-Finalist Essay Due: January 5, 2024
- Finalist Notification and Interviews: Begin week of January 15, 2024
- Winners Notified: January 30, 2024