Job Title: Substitute Faculty Assistant
Job Duties: Assist in the maintenance of a safe and orderly school environment for students, staff, and parents. Monitor and direct students who are on school premises and outside of the direct supervision of a teacher or building administrator. Assist and support with individual behavior management. Perform a variety of noncomplex, general clerical, typing, and/or office or school support duties.
Job Type: Part-time
- Serve as a hall monitor
- Serve as a cafeteria monitor
- May substitute as receptionist
- May photocopy
- May patrol and supervise hallways, cafeteria, restrooms, entrance ways, and school grounds, as well as parking and bus areas.
- Check hall passes and escort students as necessary.
- Assume evacuation drill/lock down responsibilities as assigned by Principal or designee.
- Ability to work effectively with students, parents, staff, and the public
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential matters.
- Possess ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand basic English as well as to follow written and oral directions given in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, collaborative, can-do attitude.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with working with school age children preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
A background and fingerprint report will be conducted and submitted to State authorities as required by law for all personnel working within a school environment. Must be willing to undergo Catholic Diocese VIRTUS certification.
Interested candidates should send resume & cover letter to:
Judy Duff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notre Dame High School, a ministry of the Catholic Diocese of Trenton, is a dynamic, diverse Catholic community dedicated to educating young women and men to realize their full potential through a faith-filled environment, a challenging college-preparatory program, extensive co-curricular activities and a commitment to citizenship and service in the community.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Notre Dame High School affirms and supports equality of opportunity and treatment for all applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, disability, national origin, religion or other classifications protected by law (i.e. atypical heredity cellular or blood trait status, marital status, etc.). However, the diocese reserves the right to favor qualified employees who are Catholic and to require that all employees comply with Catholic moral teachings.