The Human Resource Director will be responsible for the operation of the HR function, providing functional advice and support to the VP of Finance and Operations, the Principal and the President of Notre Dame High School. The HR Director will sit on the Personnel Committee for Notre Dame High School and the President’s Administrative team. This position reports to VP of Finance and Operations. The position is
10 Month, 30+hours/week.
- Articulate and support the strategic HR needs and goals of the school
- Address employee human resources/benefits issues
- Maintain employee benefit records to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Ensure the company is compliant with existing employment laws and regulations.
- Facilitate human resources processes
- Resolve benefits-related problems; act as a liaison between employees and insurance providers or broker representatives
- Ensure the effective utilization of plans related to HR programs and services
- Administer health and welfare plans, including orientations, enrollments, changes, and terminations
- Conduct and/or assists with audits of benefits and other HR programs, and recommending corrective actions as necessary
- Assisting with the recruitment and interview processes, including placing ads
- Lead the Benefit Orientations and Benefit Open Enrollments for all Employees. Be the Liaison for all employee questions regarding Benefits.
- Draft and review job descriptions
- Maintain and verify data related to premiums
- Prepare correspondence for Vice President’s Signature
- In close consultation with the President, Vice President of Finance, the Notre Dame Board of Governors and the Personnel Committee, maintain and update a Notre Dame Human Resource Policy Manual, Employee Benefits Handbook, and a Notre Dame Employee Handbook.
- Become a backup for Payroll Processing
- Review and oversee paid leave policies to include annual holidays, workers compensation, and FMLA, respecting both the needs of the employee and the needs of the school.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field
- A minimum of five years’ experience of increasing responsibility in a leadership or managerial role in Human Resource Functions
- Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting benefits and human resources, preferable in the education sector. Knowledge of the State of NJ regulations strongly preferred.
- Experience in a non-profit organization strongly preferred.
A background and fingerprint report will be conducted and submitted to State authorities as required by law for all personnel working within a school environment. Must be willing to undergo Catholic Diocese VIRTUS certification
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Mrs. Judy Duff at email@example.com