The Language Honor Societies recognize and honor students who demonstrate outstanding scholarship and dedication to the study of world languages. Membership in a Language Honor Society is a privilege earned through hard work and perseverance. To be eligible for induction into a Language Honor Society a student must meet the following criteria:
1. A student must have completed Levels I and II of the target language and must have obtained a final grade of 93 or above in both levels.
2. A student will be given credit for a grade obtained in a language course (Level I or II) prior to attending NDHS, only if the grade and course content can be verified and/or is documented.
3. A student transferring to NDHS must complete one semester of the language at NDHS before they can be considered for membership in a Language Honor Society regardless of the level of the language they placed into when being admitted to NDHS.
4. Membership in a Language Honor Society is restricted to those pursuing the study of a language beyond the basic levels required for graduation. At the time of selection the student must have completed or be currently taking the Level III course of the language, while maintaining a 93 or higher average. If the student has taken or is taking the Level III Honors course, the student must have earned or currently maintain a 90+ average in the course. (Note: Exceptions to this rule may be made by the World Language Department Chairperson when the third year of the language is not available.)
5. Induction into the Language Honor Societies will take place during the Spring semester.